Residents in San Francisco’s Sunset District say more crimes are happening in their community.
Nearly 200 people showed up at a town hall meeting on Sunday put on by Supervisor Gordon Mar.
He addressed recent robberies, home invasions, and package thefts.
Mar says residents believe they’re being targeted.
“Is the Chinese or the Asian community being disproportionality targeted by certain type of crime? We were very disappointed to find that the police department and district attorneys office couldn’t even answer that question because they don’t track and they don’t really report on the demographics of victims of crimes,” Mar said.
The input from the town hall meeting will be shared with the San Francisco Police Department to find solutions for residents in that area.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE