OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – A suspect has been arrested in connection to a deadly shooting in Oakland on Friday evening, according to the Oakland Police Department.
Officers located and arrested 43-year-old Jamal Thomas about eight hours after the shooting.
Around 1:48 p.m., police responded to the 7500 block of Ney Avenue following reports of a shooting.
Officers arrived to find an adult male from Oakland suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police say the shooting was an isolated, targeted incident.
The suspect and victim knew each other, according to authorities.
No other details have been released at this time.
- North Bay wildfires: Air quality diminishing
- Fires in Sonoma County prompt evacuation orders
- MAP: Glass Fire Evacuation Orders in Napa County
- Santa Rosa evacuation centers moved to Petaluma
- Power shut off set for 65,000 California electric customers