PLEASANT HILL, Calif. (KRON) – A suspect has been hospitalized in Pleasant Hill after shooting at officers and attempting to commit suicide, according to the police department.
On Monday evening, officers received reports of an armed person at a residence.
Police arrived to find a person driving away from the scene. When the officers tried to make a traffic stop, the suspect started shooting at them.
According to authorities, the suspect then drove behind Pleasant Hill Elementary School ‘where he attempted suicide with the firearm.’
Officials say the suspect was taken to a hospital to receive medical attention for his injuries.
No officers or community members were injured during the incident.
The police department assures the public that there are no outstanding suspects and that the situation is under control.
Police continue to investigate and will release more information at a later time.
- Rally held to denounce recent hate crimes against Bay Area Asian community
- Justice Dept. to appeal judge’s order on eviction moratorium
- Health worker: Rite Aid throws away extra COVID-19 vaccines
- 2 injured following DUI hit-and-run collision in Marin County
- California doctor performs surgery while appearing in court video call