SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - Authorities say the suspect sought in connection with a double stabbing at the MacArthur BART station Friday night is now in custody.
BART police said 27-year-old Solomon Espinosa was taken into custody a little before 1 p.m. Tuesday by a U.S. Marshals Task Force in Oakland near 5th Avenue and 8th Street.
No other details were immediately available.
Solomon was wanted in connection with an assault that happened on a Richmond-bound BART train on Friday, August 3 around 7:50 p.m.
According to police, Espinosa, who is believed to be a transient in the Oakland area, reportedly stabbed two men then fled the scene following the altercation.
The two victims sustained non-life threatening injuries.
MacArthur Station was closed for about one hour as police investigated.
This is a developing story. Stay with KRON4 for the latest updates.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County