SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - Authorities say the suspect sought in connection with a double stabbing at the MacArthur BART station Friday night is now in custody.
BART police said 27-year-old Solomon Espinosa was taken into custody a little before 1 p.m. Tuesday by a U.S. Marshals Task Force in Oakland near 5th Avenue and 8th Street.
No other details were immediately available.
Solomon was wanted in connection with an assault that happened on a Richmond-bound BART train on Friday, August 3 around 7:50 p.m.
According to police, Espinosa, who is believed to be a transient in the Oakland area, reportedly stabbed two men then fled the scene following the altercation.
The two victims sustained non-life threatening injuries.
MacArthur Station was closed for about one hour as police investigated.
This is a developing story. Stay with KRON4 for the latest updates.
13,000 votes left to count in Marin...
Will Warriors move forward following...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scientists believe global warming linked to deadly wildfires
- PG&E files 2nd report on power line failure near Camp Fire
- Escaping Camp Fire smoke in time for Thanksgiving
- Masks in limited supply as Camp Fire smoke suffocates Bay Area