SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - KRON4 has been honoring outstanding teachers in the Bay Area, and on Tuesday night, it's a special education teacher at King Elementary School in Richmond.
Julie Nesnansky focuses on students with autism. Her principal says she has an exceptional way of connecting with them and has made a positive difference in hundreds of young lives.
She's described as going above and beyond, doing home visits and making sure her students have the services and experiences they deserve.
Julie has been with the West Contra Costa Unified District for more than 30 years.
If you know a special teacher you'd like to nominate, just go to our website KRON4.com.
- 25 THINGS THAT ARE MORE LIKELY THAN WINNING $1.6B MEGA MILLIONS
- MAN REFUSES TO SIT NEXT TO BLACK WOMAN, GOES ON RACIST TIRADE
- NEWLY DISCOVERED FAULTS COULD TRIGGER 7.2-QUAKE IN OREGON
- CASH HANDOUT OF $1K A MONTH WOULD GROW ECONOMY BY $2.5 TRILLION
- SAN FRANCISCO HIT-AND-RUN CAUGHT ON SURVEILLANCE VIDEO