NOVATO (KRON) — Navato Police Department responded to a car crash on Simmons Lane and Marion Avenue in Navato Sunday afternoon.
After a car crashed into a wall, the engine compartment of the car was on fire, according to officials.
The fire was quickly put out by a police officer.
There were three 16-year-olds in the car.
Two passengers were reportedly removed from the car by witnesses who stopped to help.
They were later transported to Bay Area hospitals for medical treatment.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Initial investigations show the car was traveling northbound on Simmons Lane at a fast speed.
A witness reported that the car passed another car before the car left the roadway and struck a wall in the front yard a home in the 1100 block of Simmons Lane.
The roadway was closed for about six hours while the scene was processed.
The victim’s name has not yet been released.
- California Assembly delays session after virus outbreak
- Crews Fire in Gilroy grows to 2,000 acres, evacuations remain in effect
- Lawmakers urge studies on how trauma, post-traumatic stress impacts police officers’ use of force
- California woman who made racist remarks in video faces separate charge
- Crews battle fires burning across Bay Area