A 16-year-old was killed and five others were injured early Saturday morning when a drunken driver slammed into their car on Highway 17 in Santa Clara County.
The crash happened around 2:11 a.m. on southbound Highway 17 just south of Redwood Estates.
Authorities say the suspect, 28-year-old Ashley Marie Oliver, was driving a Chrysler minivan when she plowed into a Toyota Corolla carrying five people.
Emergency personnel arrived at the scene to find both vehicles facing northbound in the southbound lanes.
Crews extracted two victims trapped inside the Toyota.
One of the victims, a 16-year-old boy from Fremont, died at the scene. The five other victims are between the ages of 16 and 17.
Oliver was arrested and booked into Santa Clara County Main Jail North for a DUI felony.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH