An 18-year-old driver is behind bars after a boy was thrown from a car when it crashed into a cement guardrail and spun out.
It happened early Thursday morning on Monterey Road at Palm Avenue.
Authorities said a Toyota Camry drifted into the southbound lanes and hit the guardrail in the roadway’s median.
A witness stopped and tried to help, but the Camry drove away.
The driver was identified as 18-year-old Isal Velarde.
He was booked into the Santa Clara County Jail for felony hit and run, DUI causing injury, and vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated.
His passenger was also arrested.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: FEDEX DELIVERY MAN THROWS PACKAGES IN SAN JOSE
- EARTHQUAKE STORM RATTLES SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- DRAKE TAKES A DIG AT KEVIN DURANT; MACAULAY CULKIN RESPONDS
- MAJOR RIDESHARE CHANGES GO INTO EFFECT AT SFO
- MAN ARRESTED IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT FAIRFIELD GAS STATION