SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A thief walked out of an art gallery in San Francisco with artwork worth $20,000 – and police are asking for your help finding the suspect.
Surveillance footage shows a photo of the man with the Salvador Dali artwork in hand.
It happened Sunday between 4:40 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. during a special Salvador Dali show at the Dennis Rae Fine Art Gallery on Geary Street.
The stolen piece was published in 1966 by the Spanish artist and it was sitting on an easel at the front of the gallery, officials said.
The gallery is one of three Dennis Rae Fine Art galleries in San Francisco.
Just a few weeks ago, a statue was stolen from their gallery at Fisherman’s Wharf.
Anyone with information is asked to call the SFPD 24-hour tip line at 1-415-575-4444 or Text a Tip to TIP411 and begin the text message with SFPD. You can remain anomymous.
Latest News Headlines:
- Newsfeed Now: Security tight at Capitol over ‘breach’ concerns; SC considers bringing back electric chair
- Exodus: Study reveals dramatic San Francisco population change
- Video: Suspect burglarizes several Benicia businesses
- San Francisco’s most vulnerable included in new CA vaccine plan
- Beach Hazard: Dangerous waves crashing onto Bay Area shores