OAKLAND (KRON) – Thieves targeted an Oakland elementary school and stole 60 laptops.
They also caused serious damage to several classrooms.
This happened at Markham Elementary School on Krause Avenue.
This isn’t the first time this year that a school has been broken into.
The district says similar break-ins have happened at several different schools and the losses have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Markham Elementary was also broken into last year when thieves stole 40 Amazon Kindle devices.
Latest News Headlines:
- Rally held to denounce recent hate crimes against Bay Area Asian community
- Justice Dept. to appeal judge’s order on eviction moratorium
- Health worker: Rite Aid throws away extra COVID-19 vaccines
- 2 injured following DUI hit-and-run collision in Marin County
- California doctor performs surgery while appearing in court video call