Authorities investigating a threat against Diablo Valley Middle School have determined it to be not credible.
Two students found the threatening message written on a stall in the girl’s bathroom Monday afternoon.
The threat read, “Shooting tomorrow my brother said,” specifically referring to Tuesday, May 21.
Classes are still scheduled as normal.
The principal sent a letter to the school community stating she understands if some families choose to keep their kids at home during this time.
Before the threat was deemed not credible, the San Ramon Police Department had announced it was adding extra police officers on campus as the threat was investigated.
There have been four separate instances of threatening graffiti alluding to a shooting just this past month.
The school district says four students at Cal High have been disciplined for their roles in the threatening graffiti found on campus earlier this month.
So far, we don’t know who is responsible for this latest incident at Diablo Vista.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS