ORINDA (KRON) — The three men killed in a car crash on Highway 24 in Orinda over the weekend have been identified.
The Contra Costa County Coroner’s Officer identified the victims as Mauni Pahulu, a 22-year-old Oakland resident, Sione Vaitafa, a 21-year-old Hayward resident, and Molomona Eteaki, a 31-year-old Oakland resident.
At around 3 a.m. Saturday morning, their Nissan Versa veered off of westbound Highway 24, east of Camino Pablo, and slammed into a tree.
The three men were pronounced dead on the scene.
Wet weather is believed to have been a factor in the accident, according to authorities.
A GoFundMe for one of victims, Mauni Pahulu, describes him as a husband and father of a baby girl.
Check back for updates as we learn more about the victims
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters block lanes of Golden Gate Bridge during march
- Fontana police officer on paid leave following arrest on suspicion of raping 16-year-old girl
- The Golden Gate Bridge is singing. Here’s why
- The loneliest of D-Day remembrances is hit by pandemic