SAN MATEO COUNTY (KRON) -- Dozens protested outside the San Mateo Board of Supervisors meeting on Monday night -- upset over the use of tasers within the county.
Chinedu Okobi, 36, died last year after he was tased by a deputy -- one of at least three taser deaths within the county inthe last year.
Video shows the moments before Okobi was shot. His sister, a Facebook executive, says video she’s seen doesn't match the story given by police -- that her brother was running in and out of traffic and later assaulted an officer.
Monday night a special meeting was held by the San Mateo County Supervisors -- those for and against tasers spoke.
Statistics show 1 in 3,500 taser shots are deadly versus 1 in 1,000 deadly gun shots.
Those against tasers says one deadly shot from anything is one too many.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCEL LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED 'DEATH PARTY' FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprise hailstorm batters the Bay Area
- California may sue Trump over emergency wall declaration
- Travel to Tahoe 'highly discouraged'; I-80 remains closed as snow continues to hit Sierra Nevada
- Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion lawsuits with NFL