OAKLAND (KRON) - Arguably few cities in the nation have a special relationship with a local movie theater, as does Oakland with the Grand Lake Theater.
Located near Lake Merrit, the 1400 seat theaters are iconic is feisty, irreverent and progressive— much like Oakland itself.
It is a spot for movie premieres and leisurely matinees, but even more, the Grand Lake is a place where memories are made.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER'S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE