HALF MOON BAY (KRON) – The world-renowned Titans of Mavericks Surf Competition has been suspended, indefinitely.
The World Surf League citing “various logistical challenges” and “the inability to run the event the last two seasons” as the reason for the cancellation.
The competition has taken place off the coast of Half Moon Bay between November and March since 1998.
Later this year, surfers will instead compete in Hawaii and Portugal.
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested after string of violent crimes in San Francisco
- Levee system’s integrity questioned as crews begin fixing more prominent breaches in South Texas
- More apprehensions at California ports of entry leads to ‘excruciating’ border waits for commuters
- Fire burning at Walnut Creek senior care facility