HALF MOON BAY (KRON) – The world-renowned Titans of Mavericks Surf Competition has been suspended, indefinitely.
The World Surf League citing “various logistical challenges” and “the inability to run the event the last two seasons” as the reason for the cancellation.
The competition has taken place off the coast of Half Moon Bay between November and March since 1998.
Later this year, surfers will instead compete in Hawaii and Portugal.
- San Jose cooling centers reopen for last day of heat wave
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020
- VIDEO: People loot Minneapolis Target in wake of George Floyd protests
- Mayor: Officer who put knee on George Floyd’s neck should be charged