SANTA ROSA (KRON) – On February 23, 2019, around 5:22pm, a Santa Rosa Police Officer was struck by another vehicle as he responded to an emergency call for service.
The officer was responding in the area of Westbound Highway 12 at Farmers Lane with his lights and siren on.
As the Officer was clearing the intersection in the southbound direction of Farmers Lane, he was struck by the vehicle heading eastbound on 4th Street at Farmers Lane.
The collision blocked the intersection for over an hour.
The Officer sustained minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital where he was treated and released.
The other driver was not injured.
A drone was used to photograph the scene, making it possible for the intersection to be reopened in a timely manner.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is encouraged to contact police.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER