A 50-year-old Uber driver in Petaluma has died on Wednesday after suffering from a medical issue with two passengers in the car, according to CHP Officer Pinheiro.
Around 1:35 p.m. the driver was in the middle lane heading northbound on Highway 101, just south of 116 when the passengers noticed that he was having some sort of cardiac medical issue, according to officials.
Officer Pinheiro says that the driver had pulled over to the side of the highway when the car started to roll down an embankment near the City of Cotati. The passengers then decided to jump out of the car.
The passengers suffered minor injuries and there was no damage to the car.
According to Officer Pinheiro, the driver was unresponsive when officials arrived.
After being transported to the hospital, the driver was pronounced dead.
No other details have been released at this time.
- 6-YEAR-OLD SHOT IN OAKLAND WAS VICTIM OF ‘CELEBRATORY GUN FIRE’
- BAY AREA WORKERS SEE INCREASE IN MINIMUM WAGE
- SUSPECTED DUI DRIVER PASSES OUT IN TACO BELL DRIVE-THRU LINE
- 93-YEAR-OLD ATTACKED OUTSIDE HER HOME IN SF
- HOW TO GET TICKETS TO STEPH CURRY’S FREE PARTY IN OAKLAND