SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – In response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Uber is laying off thousands more employees and closing down 45 more offices, including one of its offices in San Francisco.
The Wall Street Journal reports 500 workers at one of its downtown San Francisco offices will also be laid off.
This comes after an earlier announcement that Uber was cutting 3,000 more jobs less than two weeks after an initial round of layoffs.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Deputies searching for man who stole cat blood from clinic
- Utility worker killed in crash in Mississippi after helping restore power to victims of Hurricane Sally
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week
- Child killed, 3 others injured in Oklahoma house explosion, officials say