SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – In response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Uber is laying off thousands more employees and closing down 45 more offices, including one of its offices in San Francisco.
The Wall Street Journal reports 500 workers at one of its downtown San Francisco offices will also be laid off.
This comes after an earlier announcement that Uber was cutting 3,000 more jobs less than two weeks after an initial round of layoffs.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations
- Power knocked out across Bay Area due to rain
- How to spot ‘shrinkflation’ at the grocery store (and save money)
- Shooting at Pennsylvania mall, multiple people injured
- Bill Clinton back home after hospitalization from infection