SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – As firefighters make progress on containment of the three major complex fires burning across the Bay Area, unhealthy air quality returns to the region.
San Francisco on Friday morning registered “unhealthy “air quality levels at 9 a.m., advising older adults and those with respiratory problems to avoid going outside. Children are also urged to stay indoors.
Unhealthy levels were also reported in areas including San Jose and the coast where the CZU Lightning Complex continues to burn.
Many areas of the East Bay including Oakland, Berkeley, and San Pablo also reported unhealthy air quality levels Friday morning.
Weather officials said conditions are expected to improve this weekend.
- LIVE: DC parade celebrates iconic civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- Oakland shooting death under investigation
- Newsfeed Now: US Capitol temporarily locked down, terminally ill man gets matching tattoos with strangers
- Cremation limit lifted in Los Angeles County as COVID deaths soar
- No threat to Capitol found after inauguration rehearsal evacuation