WASHINGTON (AP) – The Trump administration is deploying agents from the border to “sanctuary” cities that are hindering stepped up immigration enforcement.
San Francisco, along several other cities like Boston, Chicago and new York are among those cities, according to an official speaking on condition of anonymity.
Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf responded on Twitter, saying Oakland will remain the most unapologetic sanctuary city in America.
Acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Matthew Albence announced the use of Customs and Border Patrol agents in the interior of the country on Friday.
Albence said the move is necessary because sanctuary cities are refusing to cooperate with ICE in the capture of immigrants. He says border agents will “supplement” ICE.
Latest News Headlines:
- Woman killed in San Francisco landslide remember 1 year later
- Oprah stops in San Francisco to talk wellness on 2020 Vision tour
- New Orleans agency: 1 person killed after struck by Mardi Gras float
- Hercules man still missing more than a week after disappearance
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead