REDWOOD CITY (KRON) – A middle school in Redwood City will now have vape detectors installed in the restrooms.
The vape detectors will go inside 8 restrooms at John F. Kennedy Middle School.
The Redwood City School District Board unanimously approved the $22,000 pilot program.
Multiple vaping incidents have been reported at that middle school, which is the largest in the district.
The detectors send alerts to school administrators whenever vaping is detected inside a restroom.
The CDC reports 13 vaping-related deaths and more than 800 vaping-related injuries nationwide.
Latest News Headlines:
- Take the confusion out of food labels
- Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day found alive
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- Search for missing Palo Alto couple now recovery mission
- American women seek more than $66M in damages from US Soccer