ANTIOCH, Calif. (KRON) — Contra Costa fire officials responded to a vehicle-pedestrian accident in Antioch, according to authorities.
Around 6:50 p.m., officials found one person dead in the block of 4700 Lone Tree Way. Officials confirmed that the victim was a minor, but did not disclose his age.
The boy was walking with his brother.
The driver stopped and cooperated with police. The driver was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Antioch police are now investigating the incident.
Lone Tree Way and Deer Valley Road to Sagebush Drive are expected to be closed for several hours.
No additional details are available at this time. Check back for updates.
Latest News Headlines:
- US lawmakers seek answers as scammers continue to target seniors
- Body found in Illinois River is Jelani Day, coroner confirms
- Senate Republicans hold out on debt ceiling as shutdown looms
- Bay Area woman arrested for setting brush fire burning in Shasta County: Cal Fire
- CDC panel backs Pfizer COVID-19 booster shots for seniors