Police are searching for the person responsible for vandalizing the San Jose Veterans Memorial.
Graffiti can be seen defacing the memorial.
The memorial is located at Almaden Boulevard and Park Avenue, just off Highway 87 in downtown where thousands of people pass every day.
Police say the tagger used the name “Snip” in his markings.
The memorial was erected in 1994 to honor all five branches of the military.
The memorial was tagged sometime in the overnight hours on Monday.
At this time there is no suspect description.
Officials are also hoping nearby surveillance cameras will help find who’s responsible.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH