HAYWARD (BCN) – Hayward is seeking volunteers are needed to assist with the weekly community food distribution at Chabot College and other assistance locations during the COVID-19 health emergency, the Hayward Fire Department said Sunday.
The no-contact food distribution is held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or until supplies run out each Thursday in parking lot J at Chabot College.
The distribution reaches some 500 families a week.
The program — sponsored by the city by the city in partnership with the Alameda County Community Food Bank and Chabot College in response to the COVID-19 emergency — has operated weekly since April 30.
People interested in volunteering can register and learn more HERE.
- Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic: 50th anniversary of women’s only tennis tournament
- Chipotle offering free guacamole on National Avocado Day – but there’s a catch
- Tokyo 2020 organizers revoke accreditation for Olympic Village resident caught ‘sightseeing’
- Pool finale: Dressel, McKeon highlight last day of swimming
- Bicyclist struck and killed on Oakland highway