STANFORD, Calif. (KRON) — The match up between Washington State University and Stanford scheduled for Saturday has been canceled due to COVID-19, the Pac-12 announced Friday.
This after Washington State did not have the minimum number of players available for the game due to a number of positive COVID-19 cases among players.
Several student-athletes are self-isolating under contact tracing protocols.
Under conference policy, the game will be declared a no contest.
“The cancellation of this game is very disappointing to our student-athletes and our fans,” the Pac-12 wrote in a statement. “While all of us want to see our football student-athletes on the field competing, our number one priority must continue to be the health and safety of all those connected to Pac-12 football programs.”
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Possible COVID exposure reported after holiday gathering involving East Bay high schoolers
- Man slain in Chicago dispute over hands in Thanksgiving food
- Rob Black’s Winners & Losers: Steph Curry partners with Under Armour
- Arizona certifies Biden’s victory over Trump