SONOMA COUNTY (KRON) -- Sonoma sheriff's deputies were in for quite the surprise while flying over Bodega Bay in a helicopter Tuesday.
While patrolling the coast, deputies spotted a white shark swimming in shallow water in the Estero Americano estuary, near Bodega Bay.
The sheriff's office says the shark was about 13 to 15 feet long.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- KEVIN DURANT'S POST-GAME 5 MESSAGE AFTER INJURY
- DRUG LORD HIRED COPS TO SHOOT DAVID ORTIZ OVER ALLEGED AFFAIR
- US TOURIST DEATH COUNT AT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RESORTS RISES
- HIGH-SPEED CHASE ENDS IN MILLION-DOLLAR DRUG BUST
- FINAL SEAT INSTALLED AT CHASE CENTER IN SF