Westbound Highway 37 in Marin County reopened Saturday afternoon after it was closed earlier this week due to flooding.
On Wednesday, just after midnight, Caltrans closed the highway after heavy rain flooded the nearby Novato Creek.
The waters overtopped the levees. The eastbound section was reopened later that day.
The highway was reopened around 2:20 p.m. on Saturday.
Caltrans says that if the Bay Area is hit with another round of sustained heavy rain and flooding, the highway may close again.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY