A welfare check at home in San Rafael led to the arrest of an alleged package thief on Thursday.
The Marin County Sheriff’s Office arrested 40-year-old Alexander Sada after they found numerous Amazon boxes around the residence.
Packages were found inside and outside of the home with the routing labels removed.
Deputies initially responded to a welfare check after a care manager grew concerned about their client’s living conditions.
It turned out, the elderly person living inside the home was fine.
Sada was a tenant renting a room in the home where he was arrested.
Deputies say the man would drive to San Francisco to steal packages and then keep them in his quiet neighborhood.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NO JAIL FOR MOM WHO TRIED TO DROWN BABY IN MCDONALD’S TOILET
- VIDEO: NORCAL POLICE RELEASE VIDEO OF OFFICER SLAMMING WOMAN
- SF DOCTOR ACCUSED OF ISSUING FAKE VACCINE EXEMPTIONS FOR KIDS
- SONOMA COUPLE TO PAY NEARLY $600K FOR UPROOTING TREE
- POLICE INVESTIGATE 3RD THREAT AT SAN RAMON’S CAL HIGH