SAN RAFAEL (KRON) — Wet weather in the North Bay caused a landslide in a San Rafael neighborhood Wednesday.
The 100-foot wide and 300-foot long slide near North San Pedro Road didn’t shut down traffic, but drivers were still warned to use caution because of the runoff.
The slide is right beneath a home up on Crestview Way.
KRON4 was told by crews working here that home itself has been checked by engineers who have determined that it’s stable.
The slide happened during last week’s wet weather, and for the past two days a landscape construction company has been doing a lot of work to try and stabilize the hillside.
As an extra precaution the crews are going to use long metal bolts to underpin the back deck.
The woman who lives in the home says she feels confident in the work being done to keep her home safe.
She says she feels like one of the lucky ones.
- OAKLAND TEACHERS VOTE TO APPROVE CONTRACT WITH DISTRICT
- SHERIFF: 2 YOUNG CALIFORNIA SISTERS FOUND ALIVE
- 5-YEAR-OLD BOY CALLS POLICE ON ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’
- FAMILY OF STEPHON CLARK SEEKING JUSTICE
- MAN SURVIVES 5 DAYS STUCK IN SNOW BY EATING TACO SAUCE PACKETS