SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Everyone is affected by the coronavirus, whether it be physically, emotionally, or financially.
But in many cases, African-Americans are suffering the most.
Experts say data on race is too limited to draw sweeping conclusions, but in some places the virus is infecting and killing African-Americans at disproportionately high rates.
Mental health expert Dr. Ruth White, a professor at USC, shares her thoughts on what the root of the problem may be.
Check it out in the video above.
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters