CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Window washers were rescued Friday morning in Contra Costa County from a scaffolding accident.
Contra Costa Fire says two workers were left suspended on safety ropes after a scaffolding collapsed on N. California Blvd.
“The scaffolding and cable system holding a window cleaning crew had failed, leaving the two crew members dangling on the mid-rise commercial structure,” the fire department said in an Instagram post.
Traffic was impacted while the scene was cleared.
No major injuries were reported.
- Berkeley warns residents of possible evacuations due to fire danger
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- San Jose: Playgrounds and exercise equipment now open
- Days away until daylight saving and extra sleep
- Several East Bay parks closed Sunday due to fire risk