CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — Window washers were rescued Friday morning in Contra Costa County from a scaffolding accident.
Contra Costa Fire says two workers were left suspended on safety ropes after a scaffolding collapsed on N. California Blvd.
“The scaffolding and cable system holding a window cleaning crew had failed, leaving the two crew members dangling on the mid-rise commercial structure,” the fire department said in an Instagram post.
Traffic was impacted while the scene was cleared.
No major injuries were reported.
- All lanes open after crash on Westbound I-80 snarls Bay Bridge traffic
- Idaho college killings: Roommates of slain students break their silence
- ‘Charlie Brown Christmas’ tunes still a holiday tradition after 57 years
- San Francisco house fire Sunday night displaces four residents
- Downed tree halts BART service between 24th Street Mission and Daly City