WINDSOR (KRON) – The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County reached 100% containment a day earlier than expected.
It broke out last month, burning more than 77,000 acres.
On Thursday morning, students from schools in Windsor returned to classes now that the fire is fully contained.
School officials as well as first responders showed up early to welcome all kiddos back to school.
Latest News Headlines:
- R. Kelly’s manager charged with making threatening call to theater showing ‘Surviving R. Kelly’
- Trump’s younger brother, Robert, is hospitalized in New York
- Prosecutors dispute claims of Jeffrey Epstein’s ex Ghislaine Maxwell
- 5-year-old shot, killed in front yard remembered by community; 25-year-old charged
- Newsfeed Now: Wildfires, Dolly Parton, and a 103-year-old woman gets tatted