TAHOE (KRON) – I-80 through the Sierra is back open after the storm caused several spin-outs and crashes overnight.
Cal Trans is discouraging travel to the Sierra until after Thanksgiving Day.
If you do have to travel, bring your chains just in case there is chain control on the roads.
Snowplows and blowers have been out in full force overnight removing snow from the lanes, and tow trucks are working around the clock to clear crashes.
Even with this help, travelers should expect long delays on snowy mountain roads and plan accordingly.
If you’re traveling this route, it’s advised you carry an emergency kit that includes water, food, blankets, charged cell phones and first-aid supplies.
Latest News Headlines:
- Protest held in San Jose following death of George Floyd
- White House on lockdown as protest breaks out nearby
- Businesses in downtown Oakland board up in anticipation of protests
- Twitter says Trump, White House account violated rule against glorifying violence
- Foster City Oral Surgery Specialist offering local student free wisdom teeth removal