SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) – A woman who was seen on surveillance video intentionally coughing on a baby inside San Jose Yogurtland is no longer employed by the Bay Area school district for which she previously worked.
In a statement, the Oak Grove School District said in part, “We do not tolerate conduct from any employee that compromises any child’s safety.”
The school district had earlier identified the woman as one of their employees and said she was “currently off work and not providing services to students” when the incident made local headlines.
A Change.org petition circulating online identified the coughing suspect as Nancy Nordland and called on officials to revoke her teaching license.
That petition has since been signed by over 15,200 people.
The incident happened in June at the Yogurtland on Cottle Road.
Police say the woman was apparently upset that the mother of the baby was not following proper social distancing guidelines while waiting for her order, so she coughed on the woman’s baby in retaliation.
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Fallen Santa Cruz police officers helped find justice for Tyler Tenorio, investigators say
- California lawmakers propose new tax on rich to boost state revenue during pandemic
- Man arrested following fatal shooting in San Francisco’s SoMa neighborhood
- Texas couple charged after infant son found dead in bucket of tar