VALLEJO (KRON) – Some lucky students in Vallejo were given a special gift on Monday.
New York Yankees’ pitcher and Vallejo native, CC Sabathia, handed out backpacks to students at Joseph H. Wardlaw Elementary School.
With help from his wife Amber, mother Margie, and four children, they were able to hand out about 3,000 backpacks filled with supplies to all first and second graders in the school district.
Sabathia’s PitCCh In Foundation hosts multiple events a year and this Backpack Giveaway is just one of them.
Monday was the first time Sabathia was able to personally hand out the backpacks in his hometown, but the foundation visits the Vallejo area every year.
After playing in the majors for 19 years, this is Sabathia’s final season with the Yankees.
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories
- Nine dead in Turkey as 5.7 earthquake strikes western Iran
- Woman killed in San Francisco landslide remember 1 year later
- Oprah stops in San Francisco to talk wellness on 2020 Vision tour
- New Orleans agency: 1 person killed after struck by Mardi Gras float