According to a recently published report, the worst bridge in the Bay Area is on I-680 over Monument Boulevard in Concord.
That bridge is also in the top 10 in California of the most traveled on deficient bridges.
It was built in 1998 and about 235,000 people drive over it on average per day.
The annual bridge report was put out by the American Road and Transportation Builders Association.
The report says about 7 percent of the nearly 26,000 bridges in California are structurally-deficient meaning it is in poor condition, after being rated by an inspector.
The state has identified about 5,000 bridges that need repairs, which would cost nearly $9 million.
While this sounds discouraging, bridges are actually looking significantly better than when the 2014 report came out.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- MAN ACCUSED OF TOUCHING CHILD AT BELMONT PUMP IT UP
- BAY AREA AMC HOSTING 59-HOUR MARVEL MOVIE MARATHON
- VIDEO: WHAT DID KEVIN DURANT SAY TO GET EJECTED FROM GAME?
- TEACHER FIRED OVER TOPLESS PHOTO SUES FOR $3 MILLION
- MOUNTAIN HOUSE FAMILY OF NINE FORCED OUT OF BAY AREA