A bicyclist was killed in a hit-and-run collision Tuesday night in Crockett, according to California Highway Patrol.
Officers received a call reporting the incident around 7:21 p.m.
The bicyclist was riding up ahead head of an unknown, dark-colored truck, traveling westbound on San Pablo Ave. from the Dead Fish restaurant area towards Rodeo (Merchant Street), CHP said.
The truck hit the bicyclist from behind, launching him off his bike onto the asphalt.
CHP says he was wearing the appropriate safety protection gear and helmet.
The unknown truck did not stop, and fled on San Pablo Ave. towards the city of Rodeo.
The bicyclist, a 42-year-old man from Hercules, died in the collision.
CHP doesn’t have the make and model of the truck. However, they say from information they do have, they believe it is a “darker-colored truck that should have front or right front damage from hitting the bicyclist.”
A family member reached out to KRON, saying the victim is her cousin, and “was one of nicest guys you could ever meet.”
- RIDESHARE RAPIST: DISTURBING DETAILS REVEALED OF ALLEGED CRIMES
- NAKED MAN RIDES BICYCLE ON HWY 101 IN SAN JOSE
- WATCH: SAN FRANCISCO POLICE DEPARTMENT’S EPIC LIP SYNC VIDEO
- CUSTOMER WRITES ‘WE DON’T TIP TERRORIST’ ON RECEIPT
- TOURIST GOES TO JAIL FOR COLLECTING SEASHELLS IN FLORIDA