SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Nearly 24 hours have gone by since the infamous fly landed on Vice President Mike Pence’s head during the VP debate — but the buzz is far from over.
The Joe Biden campaign wasted no time in creating and selling the “Truth over Flies” Biden and Harris fly swatter.
As of Wednesday night, Merchandise Director for the Biden/Harris campaign Zach McNamara said the campaign had already sold 15,000 fly swatters.
As of Thursday — they are completely sold out.
For several minutes, the fly landed in Pence’s hair, not moving as he answered questions about racial injustice.
The little insect took social media by storm. People went so far to create parody Twitter accounts for the fly that made its national television debut on the debate stage.
The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum says it will be producing a bobblehead depicting Pence with a fly on his head.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan vow to avoid targeting residential areas
- Louisville police officer files lawsuit against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend
- Chase Center to serve as ballot dropoff location this weekend
- Megan Rapinoe, Sue Bird announce engagement on social media
- Bay Area native, pregnant ESPN reporter fires back at troll