LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Recently released Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department body camera footage shows the events leading up to the fatal shooting of a pit bull in the backyard of a home near Sahara Avenue and Nellis Boulevard.
The shooting occurred as officers were dispatched to the 2200 block of Cascade Street on July 27 to investigate a fatal crash, which was later deemed a suicide.
The body cam footage shows officers attempting to use a dog pole to collar the dog after it charged at them. At that point a second officer then fires several shots at the pit bull, striking and killing it.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape
- Parts of Meadowood Resort destroyed in Glass Fire
- 3 earthquakes recorded near San Jose within an hour
- What time is the debate? What to know before Trump and Biden take the stage
- Senior living community in Oakmont saved from Glass Fire