“This is a substantial amount of narcotics that will not make it into our communities,” said Port Director Carlos Rodriguez of the Hidalgo/Pharr/Anzalduas Port of Entry.
The packages containing 3,159 pounds of marijuana is valued at $632,000.
Authorities seized the shipment, the tractor-trailer, and the marijuana.
Homeland Security is continuing the investigation.
- Obama voices support for George Floyd protesters, calls for police reform
- Las Vegas casinos, resorts reopen following months-long coronavirus closures
- 10,000 peaceful protesters march for George Floyd in San Francisco
- Protests more subdued after new charges in Floyd case
- White House fears resurgence of pandemic after protests