EAST PALESTINE, Ohio (KRON) — An 8-year-old Ohio boy drove his father’s car to McDonald’s so he and his 4-year-old sister could get cheeseburgers, according to police.
Police received a call Sunday night of a kid driving a car.
When Officer Jacob Koehler pulled into the town’s only McDonald’s, he talked to the boy who was still behind the wheel of the car.
“Me and my sister really wanted a cheeseburger,” the 8-year-old boy told the police officer.
When asked how he learned to drive, the boy told the officer he had looked up YouTube videos.
Witnesses say the boy followed the rules of the road during his mile and a half drive. He stayed within speed limits, stopped for lights and never hit a thing.
But when he got to the McDonald’s, the drive-through window clerk noticed something was not right.
The siblings got to eat at McDonald’s while they waited for their grandparents to pick them up. No charges are being filed, police say.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Road rage suspect leads police on chase through LA
- Health Alert: 9 potentially deadly rat lungworm cases in Hawaii
- Woman accused of killing disabled son by pouring vodka in feeding tube
- Massage parlor busted after hundreds of condoms clog pipes
- Hilarious Twitter reactions on the United Airlines fiasco
- Florida man denied $100,000 jackpot after friend pushes button