Video credit: @almendraoffair via Storyful
PEMBROKE PINES, Fl. — COVID-19 restrictions meant fewer of the usual scenes of long lines of eager bargain hunters outside US stores for Black Friday, US media reports said.
However, the lure of much-sought items like the PlayStation 5 meant there were several reports that the trend was being bucked at GameStop stores. The chain said it would have limited quantities of both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X available for in-store purchases.
Video here shows the line in the early hours of November 27 outside a GameStop in Pembroke Pines. Florida.
The person who recorded the video said she met people on the hunt for PS5s who’d been in line since as early as Tuesday and Wednesday.
- LIST: Bay Area bars showing Ryan Garcia fight vs. Oscar Duarte
- San Francisco office vacancy rate at all-time high
- Santa Rosa Fire Department adds therapy dog to team
- Republicans urge Biden to suspend China travel amid uptick in respiratory illness
- Target in Albany reopens after hazmat situation, ‘unusual odor’ shut store down