KELSEYVILLE (KRON) – A grass fire that began burning in Lake County on Thursday is now 95% contained, according to Cal Fire officials.
Investigators have determined that the blaze started from an improperly discarded cigarette.
The fire was first reported on Thursday around 12:59 p.m. at Soda Bay Road and Golf Drive.
Officials say the fire burned 20 acres which threatened 40 structures.
Luckily, no structures have been reported damaged or destroyed at this time.
Cal Fire says that one firefighter suffered from a minor injury.
Crews are continuing to work the fire and extinguish any hot spots.
Soda Bay Road is now open in both directions, but officials advise drivers to use caution in the area.
- Investigation continues for Highway 1 crash
- Police search for suspect who shot 2 people at Mountain View park
- Big Game Bound week 2: Edgerrin James discusses Hall of Fame journey
- Newsfeed Now: Authorities continue to search for Gabby Petito; Fire department gives wife visiting husband battling COVID a lift
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine’s effectiveness wanes over time, company says