TULARE, Calif. (AP) – Police in Tulare, California are looking for a lone gunman who opened fire on a large gathering, killing one man and wounding five others, including a little girl.
Police Sgt. Edward Hinojosa said a 23-year-old man was killed, and the 7-year-old girl was shot multiple times.
He said it happened about 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday, as a group of more than 50 people gathered following the burial of a man who died in a car crash.
He said the scene was chaotic as officers arrived, and the entire department is helping investigate the crime scene.
- Largest California wildfire threatens marijuana-growing area
- Bay Area conditions: Air Quality Advisory, heat wave incoming
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address
- LIVE: Family of Breonna Taylor and attorneys to address grand jury decision
- With ‘profound sorrow’: Ginsburg lies in state at US Capitol