LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say three people were fatally shot and nine others injured at a home in Long Beach, California.
The Los Angeles Times reports that Long Beach fire spokesman Jake Heflin says firefighters arrived at the home around 10:44 p.m. on Tuesday to a scene “filled with chaos.”
The department says three men were dead and the nine others were injured. Their conditions weren’t immediately available.
It was not immediately known if the shooter had been taken into police custody.
Some witnesses say there might have been a Halloween party going on at the house.
Forty-seven-year-old Oswaldo Morales told the Times he heard as many as 17 shots. Some residents say they heard up to 20 shots.
Morales says minutes later police and fire vehicles could be heard in the neighborhood.
Latest News Headlines:
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Threats to call ICE on staff after Mexican restaurant in Houston keeps mask requirement
- Picture found in book leads to nationwide search for family
- Biden to mark ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order