STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say 50 people were arrested and dozens of guns seized in a law enforcement operation targeting the Norteno street gang in central California.
State Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced Monday that the gang members are suspected of a variety of crimes in Stockton.
The defendants could face charges including attempted murder, robbery, drug distribution and multiple weapons violations.
In addition to more than 40 weapons, officers seized drugs including fentanyl, heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine.
The operation was a joint effort between several local agencies and the U.S. Department of Justice.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Arkansas toddler dies trying to save puppy during house fire
- R. Kelly charged with paying bribe before marrying Aaliyah
- Warming centers, extra shelter beds available in Santa Clara County during weekend storm
- 19-year-old woman arrested in deadly San Jose shooting
- San Francisco business in flood-prone area preparing for weekend storm