STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say 50 people were arrested and dozens of guns seized in a law enforcement operation targeting the Norteno street gang in central California.
State Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced Monday that the gang members are suspected of a variety of crimes in Stockton.
The defendants could face charges including attempted murder, robbery, drug distribution and multiple weapons violations.
In addition to more than 40 weapons, officers seized drugs including fentanyl, heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine.
The operation was a joint effort between several local agencies and the U.S. Department of Justice.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Man wins $10 million lottery prize from scratch-off ticket bought at California CVS
- Surviving the Coronavirus: How to be safe from the outbreak
- Second firefighter who died in the Porterville library fire has been found
- 65 drug arrests made in one week in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District
- Republican strategist Rick Wilson taking aim to save America from Trump