BASS LAKE, Calif. (KSEE) - A fun Labor Day at lakes around the valley turning dark; an accident on the water at Bass Lake.
Witnesses tell KSEE that it was mayhem during a rush to save 7-year-old Lily Harris' life, after she and an adult man, were hit by a boat.
"They were located at a marina and that is were deputies and EMS responded and transported them," Madera County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Kayla Serratto said.
Witnesses tell KSEE, the victims were being pulled on a flotation device.
Officials would not confirm, but say all involved have cooperated.
They say this is a good example of why it's so important to be very aware of who's around you when you're on the water.
"We remind everyone to utilize the utmost caution when in and around water or operating a vessel, being a passenger in a vessel, swimming in the lake," Serratto said.
The accident comes after another fatal crash this weekend, on the Colorado River, claiming the life of Tulare County woman Chrisi Lewis.
"If you're involved in a vessel collision, you could seriously get, really hurt," Ranger Supervisor Steve Barber said.
Boaters at Millerton Lake calling the day calmer.
Rangers agreeing it's one of the slower holiday weekends, but saying safety has improved in recent years, and should always be a priority.
The family has set up a GoFundMe for Lily Harris, to donate click here.
- MAN ARRESTED FOR GIVING GIRLFRIEND A WET WILLY
- VIDEO SHOWS MUNI PASSENGERS TRYING TO THROW TEEN OFF TRAIN
- POLICE MAKE AN ARREST IN MACARTHUR BART STABBING
- BOY WHO SAID HE STOOD UP TO BULLIES ADMITS HE MADE IT UP
- COUPLE THAT RAISED MONEY FOR HOMELESS ORDERED TO HAND IT OVER
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County