(KRON) - A family is devastated on the banks of the Sacramento River after the drowning of an 8-year-old.
It happened at around 5 p.m. Friday.
After boat crews turned up nothing, dive teams were called out to search a section of the river 10 feet out, where it drops from standing depth to 11 feet and then quickly to much more.
Officials say that some rivers look calm but currents can actually be very strong.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER 'LA BARBIE' GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Activists demand high school bathroom fight be investigated as hate crime
- Take precaution in final holiday shopping days
- Bay Area bridge tolls to increase Jan. 1
- Deported nurse, mom back in Oakland in time Christmas