SHANDON, Calif. (AP) – Authorities in central California say a passenger bus has crashed while carrying the road crew for country and gospel singer Josh Turner, leaving one dead and seven injured.
Turner and his band were not on the bus.
Two of the passengers are said to have sustained major injuries and five had moderate injuries.
The bus was traveling eastbound on Highway 46 in San Luis Obispo County when it crashed in Shandon late Wednesday night.
The trip followed a Turner concert at the Vina Robles Amphitheatre in Paso Robles, according to media reports.
Turner is scheduled to have a concert at the SOMO Village Event Center in Rohnert Park on Sept. 24.
It is unclear if that tour stop will be canceled or postponed.
Latest News Headlines:
- Alan Merrill, co-writer of ‘I love Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ dies from coronavirus complications
- San Francisco’s Muni changes now in effect
- Tokyo Olympics will open in July 2021
- Tokyo Olympics rescheduled for July 23-Aug. 8 in 2021
- Costco changes store hours, policies during pandemic