THOUSAND OAKS (AP) — California Lutheran University has canceled classes following a shooting at nearby bar where some of the college’s students were attending a country music dance night.
The Cal Lutheran website says the university community is invited to gather Thursday at the school’s chapel.
The university is a short drive from the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks where authorities say a gunman killed 12 people, including a sheriff’s sergeant, Wednesday night. The gunman was also found dead.
Cal Lutheran has more than 3,000 undergraduate students and more than 1,300 graduate students.
- 2018 CALIFORNIA PROPOSITIONS: RESULTS FOR STATEWIDE MEASURES
- YEAR-ROUND DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME PLAN APPROVED BY CALIFORNIA
- CALIFORNIA VOTERS REJECT GAS TAX REPEAL
- DEAD BROTHEL OWNER WINS ELECTION FOR NEVADA LEGISLATIVE SEAT
- $100K RAISED FOR CALIFORNIA TEACHER WHO PUNCHED STUDENT